Chennai Metro Rail Limited - Station Controller/ Train Operator /Jr. Engineer - Diploma/ITI

Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), a joint venture  of Govt. of India and Govt. of Tamil Nadu, is
entrusted with the  implementation of the rail based Mass Rapid Transit System for Chennai.




Post:

Station Controller/ Train Operator  /Jr. Engineer (Stations)
Qualification:

First class (60 % of marks and above)  three years  Diploma or Equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical
(EEE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)  from a Govt. recognized Institute. Age not
exceeding 28 years.
Jobs of Station Controller and Train Operator are inter-changeable in nature (subject to job rotation) as
per the requirement of CMRL.




Jr. Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Civil)
Qualification:

First class  (60 % of marks and above)  three years  Diploma or Equivalent in relevant discipline
(Mechanical, EEE, ECE & Civil) from a Govt. recognized Institute. Age not exceeding 28 years.
The job of Junior Engineers includes daily supervision and maintenance of various equipment/utilities
in the relevant field -Traction /Electrical /Rolling Stock/Lifts &Escalators/Power
Supply/SCADA/Signals/Telecom/Automatic  Daily  Fare Collection/HVAC/ Mechanical systems and
Handling/Operating Tower Wagon/Shunting  and also to daily supervision and maintenance of Viaduct
/Underground Tunnel/Civil, Building & Track Maintenance and construction works etc. in shift duty



Technician (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Civil/Plumbing/Blacksmith/Welding/ InformationTechnology)
Qualification:

Minimum SSLC pass plus ITI in specific trade with minimum 55% marks from govt. recognized
Institute. The number of posts in each trade are listed below. Age not exceeding 28 years. The
requirement of course duration for specific trade are as follows:


Selection process:
1. For the post of Station Controller/Train Operator/Jr. Engineer (Stations) (Post  Code-01),  the

selection methodology will  comprise four stage process  – Online Test,  Psychometric  Test,
Proficiency in Tamil followed by Medical examination in A1 category. For details about  Medical
Standards visit CMRL website.
2. For the post of Jr. Engineers (Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Civil), (Post  Codes 02),  the
selection methodology will comprise three-stage process  – Online Test, Proficiency in Tamil
followed by Medical examination in A1 category.  For details about Medical Standards visit CMRL
website.
3. For the post of Technician (Post codes 03), the selection methodology will comprise three-stage
process – Online Test , Proficiency in Tamil followed by Medical examination in B1 category.  For
details about Medical Standards visit CMRL website.


How to apply
a. Candidates applying for the Various Positions in “Chennai Metro Rail Ltd (CMRL)” are
required to apply only through the CMRL website: http://www.chennaimetrorail.gov.in. No
other Means/Mode of application will be accepted.
b. Before the final submission of the Online Application, the candidates should have  scanned
their recent (a) Photograph & (b) Signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience.
These documents will be required for uploading and final submission of Online Application.
c. A valid E-mail and Mobile Number is mandatory for the submission of Online Application. This
E-Mail and Mobile number should be kept active till the declaration of results. CMRL will send
important information with regard to application and examination on this registered EMail/Mobile number.
d. Please note that after the final submission all the particulars mentioned in the online
application including Name of the Candidate, Position Applied, Category, Date of Birth,
Address, Email ID etc. will be considered as Final and  NO further modifications will be
allowed/entertained.



LAST DATE : 20-02-2013



Click Here For More Details:
http://chennaimetrorail.gov.in/Advt-01-2013.pdf

16 comments:

  1. Sir, I am a final year student pursuing B.Tech degree in ECE....am I elligible for the post ? .....please do reply on the id "sajal.das10@gmail.com"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, I am final year student of B.Tech in branch ECE ... am I elligible for this post? ...
    please do reply on my id "rply2anup@gmail.com"

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sir,im from bangalore... i can understand tamil but can't talk well...is it mandatory...can i apply...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir, I am a final year student pursuing B.E. degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) please tell me if I am elligible for the post ? .....please do reply me on the id "sandeep28ec@gmail.com"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir i am B.E(Mechanical Engg) 2011 Passed out. i am eligible for this post.ple do replay me on"thiruchandru1988@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sir, I completed B.Tech Information Technology(IT) pls tell me if i eligible for the post? pls reply me on my id sriderkumar00@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. sir/mam, i am doing my final year CIVIL ENGINEERING. am i qualified for the above mentioned jobs. please reply to "civilhema91@gmail.com"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir/mam
    I completed my B.E (mech) & Diploma in (mech)if im eligible for the post.please reply to "ajmeer07@gmail.com"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Respected sir,
    as i completed my diploma(DEEE) passed out at 2009. After then i finish my engineering(BE) passed out at 2012. May i eligible for the above posts.And my diploma marks at formed diploma first year has no semester and 2nd & 3rd year each has two semester. How can i fill in online. Please reply me to my personal email id thirumalaikumar00@gmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello sir, i am from bangalore, i completed my studies in tamil nadu only, i completed my diploma in ece ,pased out at 2012. if i am eligible for this job, please reply me for priyasri074@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is tamil a compulsion for applying any1 of the above mentioned posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a final year student pursuing B.Tech. degree in Electronics & instrumentation Engineering (EIE) please tell me if I am elligible for the post ? .....please do reply me on the id "sivasankarraju.raju@gmail.com"

    ReplyDelete
  13. guys who are all completed degree you can apply the post.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I DID MY AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING IN 2012 WITH 67CGPA, AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THE POST? PLS HELP ME vijayaero22@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did my Electrical Engineer in 2011,i am eligible for this job r not?pls reply me on the id "mohamedmansoor@ymail.com"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sir, I completed B.Tech computer science(cse)&diploma (ece)also completed . tell me if i eligible for the post? pls reply me on my id satishvarmamudunuri@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete